• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Milton

Honestly, unless something changes, my 120mph call may be generous.

I haven’t seen anyone say this but I hope you’re right. On what are you basing this? My guess was 125 and I’d love to miss it too high. However, even if so, would it change the overall effects all that much? It still looks to be a monster.
Milton looks ummmm less than optimal....

View attachment 153052

Great to see but then again this has been expected/forecasted and it is still a beast.

I haven’t seen anyone say this but I hope you’re right. On what are you basing this? My guess was 125 and I’d love to miss it too high. However, even if so, would it change the overall effects all that much? It still looks to be a monster.

Great to see but then again this has been expected/forecasted and it is still a beast.

Satellite trends mostly. The trump card is eventually extratropical transition will slow the bleeding, but how much weakening happens before then. That said, if dry air will hollow out the rest of the core, I think it would really help the landfall regions. Still gonna be a nasty storm regardless, but if those really high winds aloft can’t make it to the surface, it will definitely help.

2 pm advisory: Down to 130 mph, pressure up to 944 mb. But the wind field is expanding.
Which is a good thing

It would be a great thing if it were really “falling apart rather rapidly”. I hope it is but that sounds like a bit of an exaggeration especially the “falling apart” portion, which makes it sound like it will no longer be that big of a deal. Imho

Back