• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Milton

Tried to convince my (remote) coworker who lives NE of Bradenton to get out. People can be rather stubborn...at least they are a little higher in elevation than surrounding areas. Still going to be rough for them the way this is trending.

I'm in at 120mph landfall

Thanks, Shaggy. This is the last guess. Contest deadline has just passed. There are 13 entrants. Winner gets a free paid cruise into the eye of the next cat 5. An infinite amount of Dramamine will be provided. Also, an attorney will be available in case the winner doesn’t have a will.

Stadium eye

MOV8-4.14L.GIF

float14latest.gif

I consider myself a reasonably intelligent person, but still trying to figure out ACE and this helped ...not! :) "The ACE index is calculated using the formula ACE = 10-4Σv2, where v is the estimated sustained maximum wind speed in knots. The resulting figure is divided by 10,000 to make it more manageable"
Milton has produced 12.8 ACE over the last 48 hours!

Back