• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Milton

I'm curious to see if the pressure is rising on the few next passes. I think it may have bottomed out a few hours ago, but could be wrong of course.

I'm curious to see if the pressure is rising on the few next passes. I think it may have bottomed out a few hours ago, but could be wrong of course.
No it’s probably gotta little bit more strengthening. Cloud tops are still getting colder and several mets have posted that there’s not really any sign that a EWRC is starting

Just for interest only. There are many buildings in the downtown Tampa area that are over 200 feet high.
  1. 100 north and...
  2. Bank of america 579 feet
  3. Park Tower over 500 feet.
  4. One Tampa over 537 feet
All told in Tampa: 36 buildings over 250 feet tall.

10 mb or about 250 feet up, which is not far has 215 mph winds. Absolutely nuts with the surface at 185.
View attachment 152826

No it’s probably gotta little bit more strengthening. Cloud tops are still getting colder and several mets have posted that there’s not really any sign that a EWRC is starting
We'll find out in a few minutes. It would be really annoying to have missed the minimum pressure reading because we had no planes flying in it all afternoon.

But yea, it still looks pretty perfect at the moment.

We'll find out in a few minutes. It would be really annoying to have missed the minimum pressure reading because we had no planes flying in it all afternoon.

But yea, it still looks pretty perfect at the moment.
It’s still easily strengthening right now. There’s nothing stopping it from strengthening further

Back