• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

So what’s driving the N movement after landfall? The front coming down? If it’s slower, it goes more N, before being shunted East!
It's basically being funneled North between the Atlantic Ridge and that approaching digging trough, the slower it is initially the more time it allows the trough to push in and the more Eastern track, faster and stronger Ridge the more Western track.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Imagine the GFS might a little to west and UK a little to east. Timing differences starting to narrow some too.

3016399D-0617-4DE1-8D5B-16ED7E1451E1.png

CCD40CBD-B861-4643-8208-04128AFE6353.png

It's basically being funneled North between the Atlantic Ridge and that approaching digging trough, the slower it is initially the more time it allows the trough to push in and the more Eastern track, faster and stronger Ridge the more Western track.

I really shouldn't use speak text it does not understand my Southern accent. Sorry back on topic now

The 12Z FV3 is only a hair east of its prior run with a western Panhandle hit, which is still west of the reliable consensus. It continues to hit slightly later than its earlier runs, which continues its recent trend of landfalling later. Still, as mentioned by others above, it landfalls significantly earlier than most other models, which is probably why it is so much further west. The contrast between it and the 12Z UMKET, which landfalls some 24 hours later and is nearly 200 miles to the east, is mind boggling.

The 12Z FV3 is only a hair east of its prior run with a western Panhandle hit, which is still west of the reliable consensus. It continues to hit slightly later than its earlier runs, which continues its recent trend of landfalling later. Still, as mentioned by others above, it landfalls significantly earlier than most other models, which is probably why it is so much further west. The contrast between it and the 12Z UMKET, which landfalls some 24 hours later and is nearly 200 miles to the east, is mind boggling.
For now, I would discount that ukie

Larry,
Great post!
This from NHC pretty well sums it up for the time being ...
The NHC track forecast therefore remains near the TVCN and GFEX aids as a course of least regret, but significant changes could be required to future advisories if the track of Leslie becomes more clear.
Phil

Current steering for current strength....and then when it gets a bit stronger. I would still favor a N movement into central GOM, then once the trof comes down, it will start moving NE. I do think the speed should keep up a bit because the flow is pretty fast at the moment.
wg8dlm1.GIF wg8dlm2.GIF

Current steering for current strength....and then when it gets a bit stronger. I would still favor a N movement into central GOM, then once the trof comes down, it will start moving NE. I do think the speed should keep up a bit because the flow is pretty fast at the moment.
View attachment 6728 View attachment 6729
WTH is that over the Carolinas? The center of the death ridge?

12Z Euro is slower/SSE of its 0Z run. Odds pretty high it will be slower & E of its 0Z run. Also, it’s slightly stronger than its 0Z run.

The quicker this gets it act together the quicker it will gain latitude early on.... by the looks of things I'll be surprised if it's as far east as the Ukie and I'm going to bet the Euro shifts slightly west. I think the NHC track looks good and I doubt we see wild swings with this one

He’s stationary now so the sooner he starts moving the further west it will track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... and from the 2:00 PM ...
EXTENDED OUTLOOK. NOTE...ERRORS FOR TRACK HAVE AVERAGED NEAR 150 NM
ON DAY 4 AND 175 NM ON DAY 5...AND FOR INTENSITY NEAR 15 KT EACH DAY

... we've got some watching and waiting to do ... :(

The quicker this gets it act together the quicker it will gain latitude early on.... by the looks of things I'll be surprised if it's as far east as the Ukie and I'm going to bet the Euro shifts slightly west. I think the NHC track looks good and I doubt we see wild swings with this one

Yeap the NHC has been dead on with it’s tracks lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back