• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Maria

The 12Z Euro is well west of the 12Z GFS/GEFS mean, but is actually a bit east of the 0Z Euro track.
Ends up a bit west of 0Z.
ecmwf_T850_seus_4.png

I was looking at hour 96, which is ENE of hour 108 of the 0Z Euro. But on second look, I see what you're saying up to about hour 72, when it is slightly closer to shore at its closest. Afterward, she turns more abruptly OTS, possibly due to a closer and stronger Lee?

A Tropical Storm Watch has been issued for the coast of North
Carolina from Surf City northward to the North Carolina/Virginia
border, including the Albemarle and Pamlico Sounds.

A Storm Surge Watch has been issued for the coast of North Carolina
from Cape Lookout northward to Duck.

The 18Z GFS is a fair bit east of the 12Z GFS and continues the eastward trend of recent GFS runs. I notice that H Lee has been getting further and further west on each run for the same timeframe, which leads me to think that perhaps he is at least indirectly drawing her further away from NC at her closest approach. Opinions? So, might Lee save NC from a direct hit or at least a very close miss from Maria after Jose already very likely saved the SE US from a massive hit from Maria?

Cool, look at all the clouds I'm getting from Maria!

Tropical storm, surge watches along the outerbanks and NC coast to VA border. Did the board just die all together? Lol paging members
After the last month we've had think we all need a break! lol Plus need to rest up because I have a feeling things are going to get interesting for the first half of October :eek:

Lol i feel ya. Have had alot of things going on to lately. And the weather has been rather dull in the east tennessee valley but busy in the Atlantic past month or so we all deserve a well needed break lol

Back