• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 2)

Just watched a fb live from CBS 46 and they are really misleading folks. Saying the tropical storm warning isn't needed and those saying wind gusts 55 to 65 just won't happen and a complete 15-20 minutes of ranting and raving about how folks don't need to really be preparing. I've never seen such BS in my life from a news outlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow really? Now let's say Irma does becomes the 2017 version of Opal in Atlanta, then what? Every model has showed Atlanta getting strong winds.

Just watched a fb live from CBS 46 and they are really misleading folks. Saying the tropical storm warning isn't needed and those saying wind gusts 55 to 65 just won't happen and a complete 15-20 minutes of ranting and raving about how folks don't need to really be preparing. I've never seen such BS in my life from a news outlet.

That's just irresponsible.

I just noticed on radarscope that the winds about 1k off the deck are like 35-50mph. Get some heavier precipitation in here it should mix some of that down.

Winds picking up here in the upstate, just had a 23mph gust. My anomomter is 15' high. So that's pretty much speed at surface

Winds are picking up quite a bit here. Just bought a new station at Cabella's for $179 and put it in yesterday and it's getting gusts near 20 now with sustained around 10. Was calm not long ago. Temperature of 59.4. So weird to see 50s with a tropical storm moving in...this wind puts a bite on the air.

Winds are picking up quite a bit here. Just bought a new station at Cabella's for $179 and put it in yesterday and it's getting gusts near 20 now with sustained around 10. Was calm not long ago. Temperature of 59.4. So weird to see 50s with a tropical storm moving in...this wind puts a bite on the air.

I was just thinking the same thing about how cool the temp was with a storm like this. It's craziest thing I've ever seen here in upstate. It's 60 here

Memphis International Airport recorded 60 mph gust with Harvey. I can't believe a news outlet would say those things.

Melbourne radar precip estimates had to switch over to the Harvey scale.......
MLB.DSP.20170911.0548.gif

EURO looks about the same, maybe a smidge lower *but not by much* on the wind gusts potential...Rainfall looks very impressive

not much difference in the update

032540_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png
I'm not buying that hard right turn. I think the ridging to the NE of the storm is a little stronger and should continue it more NW. Could even bring St. Louis into play for a possible landf...... Oh wait..... we're done?... right...gotta stop.... did I take the dogs out this week? :confused:

I'm not buying that hard right turn. I think the ridging to the NE of the storm is a little stronger and should continue it more NW. Could even bring St. Louis into play for a possible landf...... Oh wait..... we're done?... right...gotta stop.... did I take the dogs out this week? :confused:

SLEEP!!!!! :)

Back