• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 2)

Then there's the 3k NAM
fec3d4c9fc9b761e3c54887d13cfb5d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

In my Tropical Storm Warning in Atlanta, it has tornadoes unfavorable...how come...i thought the tornadoes was the greatest threat.

Glenn Burns said he don't know now the wedge is going to affect our weather with Irma...interesting
He should know, with a wedge, that causes northeasterly/easterly winds and it keeps the temps on the cool side. The wedge isn't going to affect Irma than any other low pressure system. Also, typically, northeasterly/easterly winds brings windy conditions. So, between the wind from Irma, the wedge and the tight pressure gradient . It's going to be quite windy, even area's further away from Irma that will be on the eastern quadrant of low.

He should know, with a wedge, that causes northeasterly/easterly winds and it keeps the temps on the cool side. The wedge isn't going to affect Irma than any other low pressure system. Also, typically, northeasterly/easterly winds brings windy conditions. So, between the wind from Irma, the wedge and the tight pressure gradient . It's going to be quite windy, even area's further away from Irma that will be on the eastern quadrant of low.

What about the tornado threat?

What about the tornado threat?
For north Georgia, including Atlanta, there could be some tornadoes. I'm not expecting a widespread outbreak for severe weather for northern Georgia. The conditions just won't be set up right for a widespread severe weather outbreak for north GA.

Depends on what part of the state you are in
c71e4063c9068e72c675dfdab248657f.jpg
7455bd7bf4e0b4eedafc070806fd81b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
Dayum, 60-90 kts!!! I know it's T 850s, but hell, that's gonna be rough depending on how much can get down to ground level! And many models have been showing this set up , for many days! Starting to get a little concerned about downed trees!

The HRRR looks like the 3km NAM and the EURO with regards to wind field.
Question what's the best way to sorta figure our the forcing for 850s knots to reach down to surface I believe it has to do with Lapse rates or something but you have any thoughts on mechanism that could assist that forcing down

Dayum, 60-90 kts!!! I know it's T 850s, but hell, that's gonna be rough depending on how much can get down to ground level! And many models have been showing this set up , for many days! Starting to get a little concerned about downed trees!

Like Webber alluded to, we are gonna have to watch those bands for a substantial tornado or two. Back in 1994 when TS Beryl rolled through, it dropped an F3 tornado in Lexington county and did a lot of damage. In fact, there were many tornadoes that day.

Question what's the best way to sorta figure our the forcing for 850s knots to reach down to surface I believe it has to do with Lapse rates or something but you have any thoughts on mechanism that could assist that forcing down
honestly thats a tough thing to figure out. If there is more convective precipitation vs stratiform rain/storms it will help.

Definitely hearing rain now. Just the beginning of what will be a long duration rain event with the potential for some wind damage...fun...not really.

Just watched a fb live from CBS 46 and they are really misleading folks. Saying the tropical storm warning isn't needed and those saying wind gusts 55 to 65 just won't happen and a complete 15-20 minutes of ranting and raving about how folks don't need to really be preparing. I've never seen such BS in my life from a news outlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back