• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 2)

FWIW; 00Z GEFS tracks there are more tracks further north of NHC track.
11L_gefs_00z.png
It's already further East than these tracks is it not? Sure looks like it to me

In my Tropical Storm Warning in Atlanta, it has tornadoes unfavorable...how come...i thought the tornadoes was the greatest threat.

maybe a little east in the short term

Glenn Burns said he don't know now the wedge is going to affect our weather with Irma...interesting

Going to be very interesting to see how this plays out over NW Georgia tomorrow. I just watched all 3 Atlanta channels and 2 are taking a similar approach and the 3rd basically said with Irma staying over ground it will weaken to the point that he doesn't expect much. He said it will go to far SW of Atlanta and we are basically looking at rain and very little wind

Going to be very interesting to see how this plays out over NW Georgia tomorrow. I just watched all 3 Atlanta channels and 2 are taking a similar approach and the 3rd basically said with Irma staying over ground it will weaken to the point that he doesn't expect much. He said it will go to far SW of Atlanta and we are basically looking at rain and very little wind

What was the 3rd?

Was going to meet at a friends cabin in Franklin tomorrow for some river running. that's off as their cabin is now an evac location for friends in Fl. Concerned now as the 12Z Euro had 80-90 mph gusts forecast for late tomorrow night in the area around Franklin county NC. There's a couple families with kids in the cabin and they are up around 2000 feet.

Back