• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 2)

New cone.
214156_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png
Looks East from last advisory!

That outter band on the 18z 3KM NAM is gonna pound us here in SC Midlands. Wouldn't be surprised to see 60+ winds in the heavier ones.

Yep. In the over night hrs if I read it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where will the boundary be??

The CAD boundary will be somewhere in the vicinity of the central-western piedmont as more significant precipitation begins to move in, although better instability will be further to the south & east. The intersection of these should lead to a legitimate tornado threat esp across the eastern half-2/3rds of the state...

The CAD boundary will be somewhere in the vicinity of the central-western piedmont as more significant precipitation begins to move in, although better instability will be further to the south & east. The intersection of these should lead to a legitimate tornado threat esp across the eastern half-2/3rds of the state...
Is it possible for Alabama to see any spin ups tomorrow?

You think we could see some severe storms in the Triangle tomorrow or more western part of NC?

You think we could see some severe storms in the Triangle tomorrow or more western part of NC?

The outter most banding should make it your way. Especially as the storm "explodes" for lack of a better word right now in its transition. 3KM NAM alludes to you guys getting in on the action.

I should also say to my previous post Brick, that it won't be as intense as to your South, but it does show some possible cells around.

The outter most banding should make it your way. Especially as the storm "explodes" for lack of a better word right now in its transition. 3KM NAM alludes to you guys getting in on the action.
Ugh, hate when there is a severe threat when I'm a work and the kids are at school. I recall one time I the lateb80s or early 90s when I was in high school we got out at noon one time because if a severe threat from a hurricane.

Is it possible for Alabama to see any spin ups tomorrow?

Tomorrow, most of the strong low level shear & richer moisture/instability will be across south-central Georgia, South Carolina, and southern North Carolina (especially south of highway 64/RDU). There still may be a lingering threat directly underneath Irma's remnant low-mid level circulation on Tuesday and potentially Wednesday over Alabama and the Tennessee Valley

the new map is way east and south compared to the last one which still had it as S over BMX

this is from the 9th @ 2300hrs NOTE: i did some editing on this one so disregard the crappy drawings
Capture.png

That death band over the FL/GA border right now is crazy!

Okay, have read all the posts about the winds in central north GA with the track the way it is now and all those winds in north GA. Will tropical storm force wind or isolated tornadoes threaten southeast TN. Hard to believe winds decrease from the Dalton area into Chattanooga. Tropical storm watch right over border but just a Wind advisory for southeast Tennessee

Guests please sign up only takes a few.

A reminder to all, we only have two days left for the site fundraiser as we raise money for upgrades and improvements. we are growing much faster than expected which is great !!!!

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

This thing sure looks like it's going to be further East than that NHC track. Cause it looks to me like it is already a lot more off track than forecast?

Back