• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Humberto

I expect more wild swings until we get a dominant circulation... If that happens..

I see hints of SSW winds actually South of Cuba on the Eastern side but Cuba's disrupting with some of the higher terrain. Lots and lots of stuff to iron out

It seems that the best looking area if rotation is a bit NE of where the euro initialized it. That's gonna be a big step to getting more consensus on the models.

For me and you how far west it gets and when it takes that north motion is going to be crucial. If its deep in the west Atlantic and the east motion doesnt pan out as much then theres trouble brewing for the SE coast again.

Of course if it develops further east and stays east more then the recurve and NE threat goes way up.

72 hour Hot off the press....apparently split the baby....and not good if that should occur, based on the curve we are seeing.

atlsfc72_latestBW_sm3.gif

12Z EPS early maps suggest there should be a lot of OTS members but with probably a nontrivial minority being possibly dangerous due to not being fully OTS. Looks a touch E of the 6Z and a touch W of the 0Z.

12Z EPS early maps suggest there should be a lot of OTS members but with probably a nontrivial minority being possibly dangerous due to not being fully OTS. Looks a touch E of the 6Z and a touch W of the 0Z.

Confirmed: Good news. Many OTS but some hanging around and a couple coming back to shore so far.

Confirmed: Good news. Many OTS but some hanging around and a couple coming back to shore so far.

Final verdict on this run: most 12Z EPS OTS but ~25% problematic for the SE US (FL-NC) with ~2/3 of the 25% stopping and coming back west under the ridge into N FL/GA/SC. Some also threaten or even hit NE US.

Final verdict on this run: most 12Z EPS OTS but ~25% problematic for the SE US (FL-NC) with ~2/3 of the 25% stopping and coming back west under the ridge into N FL/GA/SC. Some also threaten or even hit NE US.
Maybe that's the reason for the placement on the surface map....
Edit- 12z spaghetti is all over this spot although it diverged at 18z.

Last edited:
Back