• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

It almost feel like there’s two different sorts of damage - Hurricane damage through Augusta and the upstate then the flood damage into the foothills and mountains.

I can only imagine this complicates recovery greatly.

A little surreal to think this is the worst hurricane disaster since Katrina (and one of the all time performers for carrying strong winds inland), and the remnants of the eastern eye wall passed directly over my house. Why can’t this type of jackpotting ever happen for a snowstorm here??? I’m on day 7 of no power and a neighbor called today and was told hopefully restored by Tuesday🥴

<NBC NEWS> The death toll from Hurricane Helene continues to climb as search and rescue teams race to find survivors and recover bodies before they decompose. As of now, at least 215 people have died, with more than half of those deaths occurring in North Carolina, where entire communities were destroyed by floodwaters. Hundreds of people are still missing, and officials have reported difficulties in identifying some of the dead.

Back