• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

This storm and the whole event was a catastrophe. Never have I or anyone else experienced anything like this in our lives. The flood, the wind, and yes even tornados in the area all created a perfect environment for the worst natural disaster we've seen in the modern area. It will take years to get back to normal. We all saw record river crest on the Pigion and the French broad. The state and federal government is here but there are communities that are completely cut off from everyone. This is still a very serious situation and will be for weeks. No water, no school, no power and limited cell service still in areas.

I've sat back and listened to a lot the last day or so. So many people Monday morning quarterbacking the response and all. Had my co-worker ranting about how they won't allow helicopters to help. I showed him the video I posted last night with numerous helicopters flying relief. The internet sucks sometimes.

We always hear "hope for the best prepare for the worst" well this time the worst was something you could not prepare for. Where would you have staged relief that wouldn't have been washed away? Staging it 150 miles away wouldn't have even helped cause hundreds, literally hundreds of bridges are gone. Roads are gone. This wasn't a small event. It's the worst in living memory for that region. No one alive has seen anything like this.

Stop trying to lay blame on the dumbest things and help if you can. Donate to a reliable organization if you can.

I've sat back and listened to a lot the last day or so. So many people Monday morning quarterbacking the response and all. Had my co-worker ranting about how they won't allow helicopters to help. I showed him the video I posted last night with numerous helicopters flying relief. The internet sucks sometimes.

We always hear "hope for the best prepare for the worst" well this time the worst was something you could not prepare for. Where would you have staged relief that wouldn't have been washed away? Staging it 150 miles away wouldn't have even helped cause hundreds, literally hundreds of bridges are gone. Roads are gone. This wasn't a small event. It's the worst in living memory for that region. No one alive has seen anything like this.

Stop trying to lay blame on the dumbest things and help if you can. Donate to a reliable organization if you can.

The roads in many rural areas look like they were carpet bombed. It blows my mind. How do you manage relief efforts if transportation doesnt exist?

The roads in many rural areas look like they were carpet bombed. It blows my mind. How do you manage relief efforts if transportation doesnt exist?

In many many places it will by by foot....they have to walk in to these far back spots people live there is no way to get their with even 4 wheelers or helicopters....pack animals and people literally blazing new trails and paths. This event has completely altered the landscape from slides and erosion etc. It took humans hundreds of years to build and get the road system in place and Helene wiped it out in day.

If anyone wants a cool App State shirt and help out the recovery effort, 100% of the proceeds for this goes to the recovery effort.

The voices of a corrupt and malevolent government obviously do not want people to: (A) see the lack of FEMA response; (B) get immediate assistance from ordinary Americans; (C) feel the empowerment of community and fellowship that unites the nation.

This is a BIG painful PICTURE to accept; however, I must repeat:

We are in an abusive relationship with government. The abusers need isolation to retain control, power and dominance over their victims. Fellowship and community break the stranglehold of abuse.

Back