• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

I know along the coast, it is pretty routine to have mandatory evacuation orders in place for low-lying or flood prone areas. Were there any evacuation orders issued similarly for these mountain locations? The impacts of this event were pretty well forecasted, but based on the anticipated large death toll and survivor interviews, it does not seem like the general public really understood what was about to happen.
If you read some of the warnings that GSP was putting out all day on Wednesday and Thursday, I think you’ll see there was plenty of warning on this. Also from other posters on here, local TV stations were sounding the alarm all week.

We’re driving to St Louis area next wed the 9th. As it stands now its the WV route (77N to 64W).

Need a mouth piece due to the roads.
Teeth jarring. I went this route in May.

Or 77N to 81 to Knoxville then 75N to 64W. (My preferred route due to never gone that route and the beauty).

Second option is only 15 minutes longer.
Personally I would go 77 to 81 to 40 to 24 to 64, but you do have to deal with Nashville, depending on the time of day you hit it.

They are sending in more starlinks on top of ones already sent in. Should just about resolve 95% of the comminication blackout

There’s this massive 4 acre gap over in the woods at my dad’s compound and I’m convinced it was a tornado. We’ve got rootballed trees laying in every single direction and it got every single tree. Pic doesn’t really do it justice.IMG_9803.jpeg

Back