• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

Jason Boyer from WLOS in Ashville is posting on his Facebook page any updates that he gets from specific county officials. Follow him to see them.

I can report that some areas out in the country near Augusta did just get power back today. We probably even saw those efforts near a community center late morning.

Still don't have power myself though.
Have heard Augusta is really bad still. People in my office that drove through there over the weekend said it was a war zone. Hope you’re okay!

I can report that some areas out in the country near Augusta did just get power back today. We probably even saw those efforts near a community center late morning.

Still don't have power myself though.
Glad you and your people are safe. How was it down your way?

Woh. What about all the counties around it? I never heard anything about their death tolls, which makes me concerned. If the count in Asheville is true, the final death toll may exceed 1,000 for this storm. Flooding is far more dangerous in hurricanes than wind it seems
I heard as of this morning on TWC, 600+ people were unaccounted for in the mountains!

Greenville county schools closed till atleast next Monday!
Was until tomorrow, as of Saturday
Won’t be suprised if extended! This is Greenvilles and surrounding areas Hugo, with worse flooding! Was out of school for two weeks with Hugo! In Gastonia

For those of you in the Carolina's ..

Can you please offer advice on what is the best organization to make a monetary donation to .. where the funds are being used strictly for Helene Recovery.

No Red Cross or Salvation Army please.
We are donating to Samaritan's Purse. Hearing they are on the ground in western NC and very little of a donation goes to administrative costs. Most of a donation goes to help folks.

Here's something I found while digging in my photos...
View attachment 152397
Unfortunately true. I was in St. Martin in 2023 and there was still tons of storm damage from Hurricane Irma in 2017. Many buildings not repaired. Piles of debris just pushed off the road were just left there. These small islands that rely on tourism really need more help after big storms than what they’ve been given.

live just south of downtown Greenville SC. widespread damage unlike I've ever seen. estimate we experienced constant winds 60-70 mph for an hour at around 630am Friday. winds began howling at 2am. never lived at coast but witnesssed destruction of a tornado in Alabama in mid-90s. here: power lines snapped in half, trees downed everywhere, trees into homes, trees smashed into cars while driving, roads blocked, neighbor died due to falling tree. Duke est Fri for power restoration. some advice: buy a generator. we have a Honda 2200. it's fantastic and has saved our sanity.

Back