• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

Woh. What about all the counties around it? I never heard anything about their death tolls, which makes me concerned
One county I've heard of on the other side of the mountains is Unicoi and I believe they had 40+ missing. My guess is Yancey/Ashe/Mitchell has people dead in hollers that wont be found for weeks or maybe ever.

One county I've heard of on the other side of the mountains is Unicoi and I believe they had 40+ missing. My guess is Yancey/Ashe/Mitchell has people dead in hollers that wont be found for weeks or maybe ever.
I hope not, I got faith but yeah being in a holler is a real bad spot. Those are my favorite mountain counties

I haven’t done much research because I’m still without power or service unless I go to town. Is pigeon forge/Gatlinburg area safe to visit? As I stated the other day I have a cabin rented out for oct2-6 but I’m hearing conflicting reports that they got it bad too.

I haven’t done much research because I’m still without power or service unless I go to town. Is pigeon forge/Gatlinburg area safe to visit? As I stated the other day I have a cabin rented out for oct2-6 but I’m hearing conflicting reports that they got it bad too.
A lot of locals say PF and Gatlinburg are fine, minor flooding did come down in PF but they should be fine overall. The only exception may be the roaring fork motor trail and 441 just outside of Gatlinburg being shut off. A majority of the issues are NE of that region or west into the mountains.

On Reed Timmer's Facebook page!

APPALACHIAN FLOODING - NEW MISSING AND FOUND LIST:
**This list automatically updates, so please keep checking!**

PLEASE VISIT THIS LIST TO CHECK NAMES:

PLEASE VISIT THIS LINK TO REPORT MISSING PERSONS:

Last edited:
Still no power here in Oconee...they've restored roughly 50% from the numbers I've seen. Fails in comparison to the devastation in NC.prayers for everyone up the hill affected by this! Anyone hear anything from @strongwxnc ?
I felt guilty at work today honestly! Hopefully there's enough help coming that way if thats even possible

Back