• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

I was at the grocery store getting some things , what little they had, earlier with a million other people and power went out. Thy made everyone leave bc systems were down. Al frozen stuff and meat cold produce were locks down and marked “spoiled”. My power has since gone out at my house again. It feels like we have been bombed back to the Stone Age. I fear we are close to a serious humanitarian crisis in a large region

Last edited:
Them side roads can wait a while to get fixed, at least thats how the power companies see it.... that said there are conveys of line repairmen from literally the entire nation heading for the SE right now.
The bad thing is, this is a pretty big road that leads to a lot of annexed subdivisions outside of town that house thousands of residents. Btw my power just came back on

What a storm guys. This thing made a mess and those poor mountain people; prayers are with them.

Just a little positive note, I've seen more of my neighbors over the past couple of days than I have in a long time. The circumstances aren't good but there's a pretty cool reassurance in being able to raise chainsaws together with your neighbors to help out. We even pitched in for pizza and shared what was in our fridges. There's a lot that drives people apart these days but it's nice to see that people can still support each other when needed and we're seeing that all over the SE. Here's to you guys.🥂

I was at the grocery store getting some things , what little they had, earlier with a million other people and power went out. Thy made everyone rave racist systems were down. Al frozen stuff and meat cold produce were locks down and marked “spoiled”. My power has since gone out at my house again. It feels like we have been bombed back to the Stone Age. I fear we are close to a serious humanitarian crisis in a large region
Hang in there Jimmy! I can't imagine the turmoil that could arise from a city that size without power for days. If you can secure and bug out that would be optimal. At least that way you'll have better comms and rest and nerves when dealings with Insurance claims and repair contractors. To me that's the worst part of a storm.

And by the way I think Clemson playing their home game tonight is a bad look for the university. We are stretched thin here in the upstate and have extremely limited resources. Communications are down in many areas. Also many of our regional neighbors to the north are still missing and many towns are totally cut off. This was a poor choice. It’s a little insulting.

And by the way I think Clemson playing their home game tonight is a bad look for the university. We are stretched thin here in the upstate and have extremely limited resources. Communications are down in many areas. Also many of our regional neighbors to the north are still missing and many towns are totally cut off. This was a poor choice. It’s a little insulting.
I don’t care if it is homecoming for them, it’s a bad look.

This is the 2002 December ice storm times 10 for western NC and upstate SC. Even now I know multiple folks who couldn’t even get cell phone service north of the Columbia area. An area of 3-4 million basically cut off from the outside world.

And the Panthers are playing at home against the Bengals this particular weekend just like they did in 2002. What a coincidence.

Back