• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

My heart is heavy looking at the extent of damage from this storm. It has been Hugo meets a 100 year flood with the worst outcomes on a widespread scale. I see pictures and videos of places that I love in the mountains in ruins of flood debris and I see people in pain. This ranks up with the worst catastrophes I've seen in my decades on this earth. My prayers go out to those with losses; the casualties are breathtaking.

Power is back on. It’s days like these where I’m grateful to not be a Duke Energy customer
Guessing you're a Laurens customer too? Still no power here and 90% of their customers are still without power. Turns out a good amount of their electricity is leased from Duke and they're waiting on them to get things fixed. So I guess I'm a Duke customer after all.

Guessing you're a Laurens customer too? Still no power here and 90% of their customers are still without power. Turns out a good amount of their electricity is leased from Duke and they're waiting on them to get things fixed. So I guess I'm a Duke customer after all.
I’m on the fountain inn side of Laurens electric. Several subdivisions and areas back on over this way but last I heard was 90% still out. Feeling pretty fortunate tonight

Back