• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

That band on the east

SOUTHEAST_loop.gif
That's the one I'm watching where I live. In about thirty minutes my residence will start feeling the effects from that. It's time to batten down the hatches.

The effects were well predicted by the NHC and various NWS offices. People are paying too much attention to where the center of circulation is far inland.
lol no shot. The NHC wind graphics had Atlanta at a 90-100% chance to see sustained 1-minute tropical storm force winds of 39+ mph.

The airport GUSTED to 43mph only once.

That's the one I'm watching where I live. In about thirty minutes my residence will start feeling the effects from that. It's time to batten down the hatches.
HRRR has been all over that line since yesterday. It should have some good 40-50 mph gust in there for you

If anything, the first forecast track issued when the system was a PTC was more accurate than a lot of the subsequent forecast tracks:

View attachment 152174
Yep, they had it under control until after this point. I can tell you that from now on, I'll trust the HWRF and HMON when it conflicts with NHC.

Thank goodness that squall line is not segmented like the HRRR was showing greatly reducing the tornado threat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like it's gonna try to do that though as it moves east

SEPT. 27, 2024 - Swift water rescues underway in the Biltmore Village area of Asheville.

Swannanoa River at Biltmore, NC - 03451000​

September 20, 2024 - September 27, 2024
Gage height, feet
18.24 ft - Sep 27, 2024 08:45:00 AM EDT < --- possible a new record
USGS - science for a changing world

Swannanoa River at Biltmore, NC - 03451000​

September 20, 2024 - September 27, 2024
Gage height, feet
22.08 ft - Sep 27, 2024 10:30:00 AM EDT < --- -almost 4' higher since last report. I have to believe that Biltmore Village and Biltmore Forest are under water at this time. New Record -
USGS - science for a changing world

Back