• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

SOUTHEAST_loop.gif

I guess that could be a good thing for NW upstate. The further east it is the better.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Exactly my thoughts. I feel it's just gonna run the savannah river..and that's where the 70mph gusts are being reported and the heaviest banding. The rainfall totals are gonna break every record known up this way. That mistake graphic nws put out is already correct here for the total...over 10"

If you extrap out its current course it would pass just east of Columbia and core Charlotte which would probably make things interesting in RDU and even eastern/coastal SC/NC...at 30 mph it will be in Charlotte by 10am....she is suppose to be west of Asheville NC by then so she needs to turn NNW now to pull that off IMO...

It looks like the Icon was right again about a major weather system days ahead of time. It’s rather baffling when the system is literally moving NE that you don’t at least widen your cone to include all possibilities.

I’ve seen mets on WSB and CBS who are both still trying to say Atlanta could get 60 mph gust. They also show a path that has no chance of verifying. They all need to drop the act and report the facts
Don’t even get me started on these guys. They continued to forecast rain from the Labor Day storm while it was obvious models were completely off about it locally.

Back