• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

Even though this area is far from the center (over 200 miles), sustained winds/gusts (to 40+) have increased substantially the last 30 minutes. Im hearing loud roars already from the wind. I just heard a nearby transformer blow. I expect power will likely be lost at some point here, perhaps very soon. GA Power outages are now starting to rise rapidly. This is going to be a very long rest of the night. It has already been a long night with the tornado warnings/heavy showers/gusty winds earlier. Stay safe folks!

Just heard another transformer blow. Debris hitting the roof.

Last edited:
Even though this area is far from the center (over 200 miles), sustained winds/gusts (to 40+) have increased substantially the last 30 minutes. Im hearing loud roars already. I just heard a nearby transformer blow. I expect power will likely be lost at some point here, perhaps very soon. GA outages are now starting to rise rapidly. Stay safe folks!

Some very strong gusts (60+, some hurricane force) in that far outer band.

Even though this area is far from the center (over 200 miles), sustained winds/gusts (to 40+) have increased substantially the last 30 minutes. Im hearing loud roars already from the wind. I just heard a nearby transformer blow. I expect power will likely be lost at some point here, perhaps very soon. GA Power outages are now starting to rise rapidly. This is going to be a very long rest of the night. Stay safe folks!
Amazing. And I think i'm closer to the center than you are and the winds are very light.

This thing is moving so fast, that northern eyewall already about to slam Valdosta. It would have to hook quickly NW for Atl to get the doomsday scenario that was being progged, fortunately that does not look to be the case.
I agree worst case for winds definitely off the table for ATL. Rain is piling up tho. Won’t take a ton to bring down trees.

Even though this area is far from the center (over 200 miles), sustained winds/gusts (to 40+) have increased substantially the last 30 minutes. Im hearing loud roars already from the wind. I just heard a nearby transformer blow. I expect power will likely be lost at some point here, perhaps very soon. GA Power outages are now starting to rise rapidly. This is going to be a very long rest of the night. It has already been a long night with the tornado warnings/heavy showers/gusty winds earlier.In Stay safe folks!

Just heard another transformer blow. Debris hitting the roof.
Maybe due to it already starting the transition to ET as a result of interaction with the ULL, helping that wind field really expand

Back