• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

I've gotta think that even if they're on the west side, they'll at least get Hurricane gusts ? Heck way up in GA 200 miles north is forecast to get Hurricane gusts on the west side of the storm.

I think the reason why they're forecast to get hurricane force gusts is because the forecasters believe that area will be on the east side of the storm.

Neighbor across the street had a big tree fall on their house. No wind here yet at all but ground is saturated.

The track is going to be important. The only semi major metro area near where its landfalling is Tallahassee (which is well inland, but will have significant wind impacts depending on the track), but it looks like they could sneak by just west of the eye depending on how things develop. That would be huge for them as it’s much weaker on the western side at this point. It’s important to note KTLH is southwest of town itself.
Valdosta GA on the border

Probably about 2.4" in the rain gauge from what I'd call the pre-event. Surprised it wasn't more, was hearing about some low lying areas in Columbia County flooding earlier today.

I have a cousin in Valdosta who left and headed to Pensacola. They were in Panama City during Michael and wanted no part of going through that again
My folks are there. I'm from there. All week it's been the storm is going west track.....and here they are waiting on a beast.

I’m really surprised that GSP hasn’t increased storm total rainfall amounts for CLT metro. Their most recent map shows between 2-3” and most of that area has already seen 1.5-2” since this morning.

I’m really surprised that GSP hasn’t increased storm total rainfall amounts for CLT metro. Their most recent map shows between 2-3” and most of that area has already seen 1.5-2” since this morning.
Im surprised about this. In Rock Hill weve had a Flash Flood Warning all day and from the tools I have I believe weve gotten about 4in already.

Back