• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Just looking at TWC and their futurecast model, whatever that is, shoes exactly what you said. Meanwhile, that band has gotten more robust and is about to bring it again. Going out for a quick rain run. :)
Congrats for y’all,really ecstatic!! Guess I’ll take my synoptic 1/2 inch and love it! What was I thinking

Congrats for y’all,really ecstatic!! Guess I’ll take my synoptic 1/2 inch and love it! What was I thinking
Actually the 18z nams are way sw of 12z and get 1 inch totals all the way to the sc/ga border

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Actually the 18z nams are way sw of 12z and get 1 inch totals all the way to the sc/ga border

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
We are doing nicely with rain so far where I am but it is having trouble getting to Greenville for sure. The radar seems to suggest we keep getting light to moderate rain for at least a few more hours. The heavier stuff probably comes in after midnight. Winds have not been bad here so far.

I think it's rained off and on for a couple hours. Lightly though. Not really hearing it at all since it's windy.

Road out front is wet.

Edit: Well it's actually raining pretty good now. Just not hearing it because of the wind.

The 12k Nam is so stupid. It shows dry here on several frames where it has been raining.

The 12k Nam is so stupid. It shows dry here on several frames where it has been raining.
Yep just looking at the NAM versus current radar.... it's way off. In fact looks like the rain shield sliding back north, you should stay in the rain for some time now not sure you get in the mega band but Shane certainly could.

Yep just looking at the NAM versus current radar.... it's way off. In fact looks like the rain shield sliding back north, you should stay in the rain for some time now not sure you get in the mega band but Shane certainly could.
Yeah, I don’t think I’ll get the super heavy stuff. That’s fine. 6”ish is plenty. Shane can have the rest. Maybe he can send some Mack’s Way.

Hmm, it actually started raining pretty good again without me noticing since I was watching football. Not sure how much more we'll get until tomorrow though, as there isn't that much behind this band.

Does anyone have any accurate information on the actual scale of the flooding in NC, or SC for that matter? I'm finding reports of this town or that with flooding issues, some severe. But is every town seeing catastrophic flooding? Links or info appreciated. Thanks. This forum has been awesome through Florence.

Does anyone have any accurate information on the actual scale of the flooding in NC, or SC for that matter? I'm finding reports of this town or that with flooding issues, some severe. But is every town seeing catastrophic flooding? Links or info appreciated. Thanks. This forum has been awesome through Florence.
There’s two death bands of rain that have been over SE NC for about 36 hours or so and are not moving by much. From coverage and radar obs, I know between Wilmington and Lumberton, have real bad flooding ongoing! NC has already beat the all time record for rainfall totals, and it’s still pouring! Some places have seen 24”+ by now, in localized spots

To early to even try and summarize things right now. Storm is about to cross halfway point. Can tell you as of 5 am this morning Swannsboro had had over 30 inches of rain and its rained there all day ,heavy at times. Interstate 40 from south of Raleigh to Wilmington is closed. Interstate 95 is closed. Govenor has asked no one from out of state to travel through NC , go around. The river flooding that we are fixing to endure, espeacilly along the Cape fear,lumber, neuse rivers is gonna be something to behold.

11 deaths so far

Back