• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Anybody got storm total rainfall so far. Notice in wilmington,onslow bay region it's still hammering heavy rain

12z euro with 10 more inches here through Monday. 27 more just west of Fayetteville
d58198697443abbfd2d7f5f342ec4cb9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Maybe you should head to the coast of NC and help with the people that had their homes and businesses destroyed by flooding instead of complaining about not getting rain. It is becoming really annoying and absurd.
I'm not sure what the expectation was either on the west side of a decaying tropical system. Just looked back at some old model runs and nothing had rain into the upstate until overnight.

Haven't lost power out this way yet. Heard about plenty of others and wind damage though.

Again, I am very happy we have the FV3 we can take quite seriously now along with the Euro! They've obviously done a great job on this future upgrade, in regards to fixing some tropical issues especially.

12z euro with 10 more inches here through Monday. 27 more just west of Fayetteville
d58198697443abbfd2d7f5f342ec4cb9.jpg

That’s crazy.

Looks like the band upstream is bulging slightly north again. After this lull, looks like it might start raining again here. The latest HRRRr shows most of the county picking up between 1.5 and 2.5 over the next 18 hours or so. If the Euro is going to be right, we need to get under that feeder band.

That’s crazy.

Looks like the band upstream is bulging slightly north again. After this lull, looks like it might start raining again here. The latest HRRRr shows most of the county picking up between 1.5 and 2.5 over the next 18 hours or so. If the Euro is going to be right, we need to get under that feeder band.
Its a hell of a gradient on the HRRR even just between our locations with more 6-8 type stuff here and 3-4 type stuff there. The Euro brings most of our precip during the late overnight through the day tomorrow as Florence gets more to our west and our flow flips to southerly.

Haven't lost power out this way yet. Heard about plenty of others and wind damage though.

Again, I am very happy we have the FV3 we can take quite seriously now along with the Euro! They've obviously done a great job on this future upgrade, in regards to fixing some tropical issues especially.

I'm going to want to see additional samples, but given the complexity of this setup - color me impressed!

The Fv3 is a legitimate upgrade on the current operational GFS especially w/ more modern microphysics schemes, hopefully we can expect at least one or two similarly good performances w/ a winter storm this upcoming winter.

Yes, I am glad we have GFS 2: Electric Boogaloo now and look forward to seeing how it does this winter.

Meanwhile, can Flo leave already?

Its a hell of a gradient on the HRRR even just between our locations with more 6-8 type stuff here and 3-4 type stuff there. The Euro brings most of our precip during the late overnight through the day tomorrow as Florence gets more to our west and our flow flips to southerly.
Just looking at TWC and their futurecast model, whatever that is, shoes exactly what you said. Meanwhile, that band has gotten more robust and is about to bring it again. Going out for a quick rain run. :)

Back