• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

What is your storm total ?
Not 100% certain since I was a dummy and got the wrong batteries for my weather station to back up I lost data for a good part of yesterday. I think a safe guess is 4-4.5. There is a corcorahs report just a couple of miles away of 3.8 and that was through 7am

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

How likely is it that the upper winds will work down to the surface as the Euro is showing? I didn't find any other models that were showing 50-70 mph winds at the surface in the western half of NC.
TW
Euro has been high on gusts I think the 0z run friday said 80mph gusts here. But there is still some potential for high gusts especially as you increase your precip rates and/or elevation.

From JB this morning!!

Euro shows tightening of gradient between Florence and mountains creating alignment for transfer to surface of strong winds upstate SC in NC, Wind gust 50-70 mph this afternoon and tonight well inland( all the way to Charolotte/Greenville, Spartanburg. Tornado threat increasing

F4117F9B-683F-4761-B8A3-151638DC02BA.png Quite the gradient! Almost 5-6” difference, in a single county!

Reactions: SD
From JB this morning!!

Euro shows tightening of gradient between Florence and mountains creating alignment for transfer to surface of strong winds upstate SC in NC, Wind gust 50-70 mph this afternoon and tonight well inland( all the way to Charolotte/Greenville, Spartanburg. Tornado threat increasing
No way! TWC says my highest gust will be 30mph!? JB hype meter, pegged at 10!

This wind has been a warm wind. The low temp today was 82. So weird that considering a north wind, it's been a warm wind.

The arw2 might be the closest model I've seen to reality on this band

No kidding and staying up for the fv3 gfs then getting up for work makes for a sleepy weather nerd

Ha just wait till winter!

The arw2 might be the closest model I've seen to reality on this band

Yeah. The 3k NAM has it well south at hour 1. Does it have the right coordinates in its code?

Yeah. The 3k NAM has it well south at hour 1. Does it have the right coordinates in its code?
Slight shift northward with the mega firehouse...

20246d8f64869dd0047e632e201b01e7.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

May be, NWS says only 35mph gusts here!! Will be interesting to see, We'll know by tomorrow!!! Stay safe down there, stock up on TS snacks! :)
Doubled down on snacks the last few days! And will have a cookout when power goes out, to use up all the meat! Come on down!!

Back