• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Icon not really seeing the current axis of moderate to heavy rain either. Weird.

They showed “ future radar” on TWC just now, the problem is the S side of the remnants, are basically void of precip as it basically goes from CAE to GSP! It’s like a naked swirl on the S /SW side, which we are in the whole time! That’s how you suck at rain, and pick up .5-1” from a tropical system!! That’s how we roll!

They showed “ future radar” on TWC just now, the problem is the S side of the remnants, are basically void of precip as it basically goes from CAE to GSP! It’s like a naked swirl on the S /SW side, which we are in the whole time! That’s how you suck at rain, and pick up .5-1” from a tropical system!! That’s how we roll!

Try living in ATL & watching this when you haven’t gotten a drop of rain in 12 d ays

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NWSGSP must be using an in house model to come up with these totals! This is their afternoon discussion, updated at 10:25 tonight!? It even contradicts the rainfall map they issued at 4:10 pm! So what’s it gonna be, .5 or 7.55??

Try living in ATL & watching this when you haven’t gotten a drop of rain in 12 d ays

I feel ya! I had a good storm about 3 days ago, got about 1.5”, that was my first rain since August 15th!

been plenty rainy here in Chattanooga.. I find it hard to believe you're in a drought in the ATL area. So if I go look up ATL area rainfall totals for Sept I'm going to see 0.00 for the past 12 days? lol

been plenty rainy here in Chattanooga.. I find it hard to believe you're in a drought in the ATL area. So if I go look up ATL area rainfall totals for Sept I'm going to see 0.00 for the past 12 days? lol
Not really. There have been no organized systems in awhile and July , August, September, usually rely on pop up storms and you may get 3” from a storm and someone 2 miles away , is sunny and dry

we'll get 'em eventually.. I doubt this is going to be like Fall 2016, with the wildfires.. what I don't want, is any tropical system giving me 20 inches of rain in 3 days. Who in their right mind would want to get in on that action?

It was fairly dry until the last 7 days here actually as well...after really raking in rain early last month we had a real dry spell for a while but it seems to have broken.

Well this is the dry season in Atlanta. September through November can be bone dry unless you are lucky enough to get some tropical moisture. And of course you should never count on tropical moisture from a tropical system that strikes the east coast. 99% of the time if Atlanta gets rain from a tropical system it will be coming from the Gulf.

E03B0110-0D38-467E-8333-9FD155121AF3.png The eye is currently running SSW , riding the SC coast from MYR towards CHS, it’s crazy to watch!

This thread has been mighty quiet. If it were January and flurrying outside there would have been 50 posts in the past hour. I can’t wait to get my dry bands with 40mph gust tomorrow. Should be one for the record books

it's like a live pig in a meat grinder... what's the biggest rain total so far?

Firehose pointed directly at Wake. Got somewhere between 5-6” and climbing. Under all kinds of flood warnings.

Back