• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

For me still way upstream, it looks like models are initializing things too far SW. Fv3 18Z at 00z looked a good bit farther south than reality. Even 23z HRRR seems to be promising SW movement that does not seem to be there yet. I am just concerned that reality may be a little north now and that could mean much more rain pregame and on Sunday-Monday for us up here. I know people have it way worse than what is forecast here, but flooding in the mountains adds another dimension.

Hope all on the board are safe!!!
You have reason to be concerned no doubt... the HRRR consistently this evening is too far south, the 23z literally shows no rain in that area around Central NC that is currently getting pummeled.

I think I have close to 3”. I am ashamed to say that I don’t have a weather station. That is so bad. I need to get one. How have you been, buddy?
Been doing well thanks for asking!! Hope you and your family is doing well! Stay safe down there........... I look forward to winter and them late night tracking, lol........ NWS says we may see big time flooding here in the foothills 6-10 inches of rain?

Looking to get details of certain highways/roads? Anyone have a good resource for this? Trying to get a friends friend back to Jacksonville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I have close to 3”. I am ashamed to say that I don’t have a weather station. That is so bad. I need to get one. How have you been, buddy?
You should be! Not even a 2$ plastic rain gauge?? Come on man!! I’ve had 0.0000 , don’t need a gauge for that!

Been doing well thanks for asking!! Hope you and your family is doing well! Stay safe down there........... I look forward to winter and them late night tracking, lol........ NWS says we may see big time flooding here in the foothills 6-10 inches of rain?
Thanks man. Going well now that the power is back. I don’t know if y’all will get that much, but you should do ok. Either way, the good thing is we will keep the soil moisture variable favorable for winter!

Hrrr says supercells for everyone tomorrow
6006a6d35cf0a6b709a67a6df9759b0e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That looks worse than today for tornado chances. Flo is in no hurry to leave.

You should be! Not even a 2$ plastic rain gauge?? Come on man!! I’ve had 0.0000 , don’t need a gauge for that!
My MIL bought me an outdoor thermometer. But it broke. :(

Looking to get details of certain highways/roads? Anyone have a good resource for this? Trying to get a friends friend back to Jacksonville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NCDOT link below, go to county of choice and then click incidents.... updated regularly.

https://tims.ncdot.gov/tims/

Center of circulation is essentially over MYR, RGEM has it going as far south as Georgetown and then heading NW from there.

HRRR has it coming even further. Part of the center does look like offshore but essentially drifting SW sitting over MYR

Tornado Warning
Tornado Warning
NCC061-107-150130-
/O.NEW.KMHX.TO.W.0015.180915T0109Z-180915T0130Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Tornado Warning
National Weather Service Newport/Morehead City NC
909 PM EDT FRI SEP 14 2018

The National Weather Service in Newport has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
Southwestern Lenoir County in eastern North Carolina...
Northeastern Duplin County in eastern North Carolina...

* Until 930 PM EDT.

Back