Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Flood emergency for parts of Johnston and Wayne. That band will be here shortly

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Not to alarm you but as you are probably aware most models had that heaviest band about a county or so south at this point.... in other words you might be about to take it on the chin, be safe

Not to alarm you but as you are probably aware most models had that heaviest band about a county or so south at this point.... in other words you might be about to take it on the chin, be safe
Yeah I've been trying to pass that message to people today and been met with it's only a cat 1 smh. I've got the beautiful song of groaning transformers in the distance right now with flickering lights again

Hrrr says supercells for everyone tomorrow
6006a6d35cf0a6b709a67a6df9759b0e.jpg

Reactions: Metwannabe
Yeah I've been trying to pass that message to people today and been met with it's only a cat 1 smh. I've got the beautiful song of groaning transformers in the distance right now with flickering lights again

I'm getting so tired of people repeating the same mantra to me. I just keep saying Harvey in response.

"Harvey. Harvey. Harvey."

Banter aside, catching decent gusts, no real rain yet. Power has been back on a couple hours but it's undecided if it wants to stay on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

House fire with 2 fatalities in Cumberland Co. uncertain atm if weather related. Could bring death toll as result of Florence to 7

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

For me still way upstream, it looks like models are initializing things too far SW. Fv3 18Z at 00z looked a good bit farther south than reality. Even 23z HRRR seems to be promising SW movement that does not seem to be there yet. I am just concerned that reality may be a little north now and that could mean much more rain pregame and on Sunday-Monday for us up here. I know people have it way worse than what is forecast here, but flooding in the mountains adds another dimension.

Hope all on the board are safe!!!

Reactions: Rain Cold