• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Gfs lined up pretty well with the 18z run at 42 hrs then its slower/east at 48. Would produce huge totals in SE NC if that verified

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What's interesting is that the GFS, ICON, RGEM all come north with landfall but still get FLO further SW into SC than their previous run. Something to watch if they're going to the Euro little by little. I'm very interested in the Ukie here shortly.
And their rainfall progs for this area have increased. Haven’t seen the GFS yet.

That has to be one of the most organized storms to have such low wind speed I've ever seen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Again if this were a snow storm I'd be ticked, but as it is I'm not complaining.... just hope you guys have minimal issues
GFS is punishing with that track. If it's right. Still going after this too.
View attachment 6378

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I was wondering that if it had slowed so much that once it dropped into SC that maybe it would turn north further east. We shall see if GFS is correct with this. This track would be nuts.
Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 11.55.36 PM.png

Again if this were a snow storm I'd be ticked, but as it is I'm not complaining.... just hope you guys have minimal issues

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That is quite the gradient. Still, the best model has 1" for Raleigh and GFS has 6-12" across Wake County.
GFS.png

I was wondering that if it had slowed so much that once it dropped into SC that maybe it would turn north further east. We shall see if GFS is correct with this. This track would be nuts.
View attachment 6381

I thought that too but the ridge to the north drops down to replace the Bermuda ridge thats getting weakened by the shortwave and in that process Flo has to go West first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, she's trying really hard to close that eye off on the eastern side. I would stay up to watch longer, but it's about time for me to call it a night.

Back