• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Inching closer
ee8da1a1fa5abfd1e068a8a8fafa5872.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The FV3, HRDPS and RGEM are showing a “firehose” setup like we saw with Matthew but for a much longer duration. The FV3 is showing 24-30 hours of it. Should be interesting to see if it verifies.
Yeah.... that "firehose" effect hammered houston with Harvey last year... multiple times I think. Just incredible rainfall rates with long duration.

After Looking at the GOES east satellite loop, she looks to be creeping west slightly sw

Holding steady at 105mph...

...700 PM POSITION UPDATE... ...SUSTAINED HURRICANE-FORCE WINDS APPROACHING CAPE LOOKOUT NORTH CAROLINA...
7:00 PM EDT Thu Sep 13
Moving: WNW at 5 mph
Min pressure: 955 mb
Max sustained: 105 mph

I swear the last few frames of radar ( time sensitive) it looks like it dropped SW!

It looks on satellite, eye is getting better organized! Radar not bad either

Would it be impossible for this to jump 20+ mph in strength before landfall? She’s got about 12-24 hours or so before landfall atleast?

Would it be impossible for this to jump 20+ mph in strength before landfall? She’s got about 12-24 hours or so before landfall atleast?
Nothing is impossible, I could see it making LF at 110

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Flo is looking healthy. Convection blew up fast and in a hurry around the eye. Not sure how much lower she can go with shallow water and coastline ahead but I will say this isn’t the worst she’s looked in the past 24 hours

Back