• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Old Glory is shredded but mosty intact at the Frying Pan. All 50 stars are accounted for; however, a few of the 13 stripes are not.

Being so close to land would tend to limit its ability to strengthen correct ?
It's slowed so much and still a decent clip off the shelf and shallower water and in the Gulf Stream it's gonna have a chance to feed for however long it remains in place roughly could see pressure drops here soon from the Recon plans how much is question

Per radar and satellites, I think she drifted almost straight north (NNW?) since ~3:30 PM though this may just be a wobble. Anyone else see this?

18z Nam is east of its 12z output at hr 33.
368d5d4dfb123de199b34476c5fe4658.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Guess NWS is going with the Euro for guidance!! Look at all the Flood watches in NC/SC, from the mountains to the coast! Euro has been giving the higher totals to Upstate and WNC!

Per radar and satellites, I think she drifted almost straight north (NNW?) since ~3:30 PM though this may just be a wobble. Anyone else see this?
Looked like it did or did a loop but now ot appears slowly moving west again

I will say the NAM has this current crawl wobble motion but then actually starts moving again in a wnw direction to bring lf just north ILM....

Actual track since 11 AM EDT:
11 AM 33.4, 75.5
Noon 33.5, 75.7
1 PM 33.6 75.9
2 PM 33.6 76.0
3 PM 33.6 76.1
4 PM 33.7 76.1

NHC Projected for 8 PM: 33.9 76.6
NHC Projected for 8 AM: 34.2 77.8

It looks like at 8 PM it should be close to 33.9 N but 76.6 will be tough. So, it will most likely verify east of the 8 PM projection.

Back