• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Yep definitely looking more like a hurricane again.... never guess with intensity
b9c294baeef643361b342296f53ef427.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

have a feeling this is going to surprise anyone who decides not to evacuate because it's weakening... this storm is huge, and going to have a big storm surge, at the very least... Katrina went from Cat 5 to Cat 3 at landfall. Also, who can leave their dogs behind? I'm taking mine with me or dying with them riding it out.

FWIW, the 0z UKmet, like the Euro, doesn't get Flo above 34N, and dives deep into SC. GFS doesn't get it below 34N. So the 2 best models against the rest, will be interesting to see who wins.

Looks like FV3 get's it right to 34N at 30 hours.

FWIW, the 0z UKmet, like the Euro, doesn't get Flo above 34N, and dives deep into SC. GFS doesn't get it below 34N. So the 2 best models against the rest, will be interesting to see who wins.

Looks like FV3 get's it right to 34N at 30 hours.
thanks for the report on the ukie

That convection on the SW side of the eye is going bonkers right now. Anything left out there to hinder it besides the coastline?

Back