• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

That would be a good thing right ? I don't think many people would complain about them seeding the storm if it makes it weaker.

Not necessarily. In October of 1947, a H after hitting Miami was headed NE and expected to harmlessly remain out to sea. So, knowing that, this H was the 1st chosen for a dry ice seeding project. Soon after the seeding, the storm slowed,took a sharp left turn, and went straight westward to SAV. Initially, it was thought that the seeding caused a slight weakening that was enough to lower the mean steering level enough for the steering to become east to west. Therefore, the project was suspended. We don’t really know whether or not the seeding had a material impact, but it isn’t far fetched for a change in direction to be caused by weakening from dry ice or whatever:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1947_Cape_Sable_hurricane

This is the reason for her crazy path, she's feeling the force of your's and Mack's mega rain shields

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
You see that crazy track they started showing yesterday?! That it trying to circumnavigate my back yard! The rain shields are strong with this one!

I wonder if they’ve been seeding the storm? The environment was supposedly ripe for strengthening...low shear, decent SSTs, lack of major dry air...yet it has continued to degrade. It wouldn’t surprise me if something like that were going on.

I mean, people have been “scratching their heads” about its structure and strength. Constant ERCs, dry air in the core, mysterious shear. I don’t know.
You know I’ve been thinking about this over the past 48 hours and all I can come up with is “why wouldn’t they?” Insurance company interests are enough to sell me on what you just said.

We are all weather degenerates and want this to hit our backyard.
I want the rain. That's it. Maybe the cooler temps too, but give me 2 inches or more and no big winds and I'll call it an ideal situation. Sadly can't say the same further east but all we can hope for is a weaker storm between now and landfall.

0z models. Outside of the major problems at the coast, these tracks would be heavy rains south of I40. When I woke up this morning I was thinking 2-3" of rain for Raleigh would be a lot. Now we will see if we get another tick north or south.

AL06_2018091300.png

I want the rain. That's it. Maybe the cooler temps too, but give me 2 inches or more and no big winds and I'll call it an ideal situation. Sadly can't say the same further east but all we can hope for is a weaker storm between now and landfall.

People that wish for a hit close by so they can get rain are the worst of the worst.

25ce01622b9a145261e6526a4f393594.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been wrong on predicting intensification all through this storm but there appears to be thunderstorms blowing up around the eye again and maybe a slight northward jog?

99070668.gif

Brick this alias isn't fooling anyone.

Trust me, I’m not a Brick alias. He posts on a sports board I’m on and his posts brought me here for updates since I’m in Charleston and wanted to see what was going on. I just hate when people get excited about rain when it means people on the coast get nailed.

Back