• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

She has quite a bit of shear ahead of her and then she has shallower waters. It wouldn't be out of the question to see her get knocked down to a high-end Cat 1 or Cat 2 at landfall. Due to her size, time over water, and her slowing down over land one would still see a significant surge threat (remember Irene was a Cat 1 and she had some pretty significant surge over the Outer Banks) and a significant heavy rain/flooding event.

Florence doesn't look great anymore and seems to be suffering on its south side. I think it'll change when she stops gaining latitude though.
Could be about to happen, small eye with deep convection firing on the south side..... also maybe a wobble but looks to finally made a westward turn

Ts winds are 195 miles from the center with hurricane force up to 70. The max winds dropping are all well and good but as a whole the storm is getting larger and will have more aerial impact. For those of us 100-120 miles from the coast this isn't a great trade to make when thinking of imby impacts

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ts winds are 195 miles from the center with hurricane force up to 70. The max winds dropping are all well and good but as a whole the storm is getting larger and will have more aerial impact. For those of us 100-120 miles from the coast this isn't a great trade to make when thinking of imby impacts

Especially if it is farther north and west than modeled.

From Raleigh to Wilmington is ~128 miles. Even with an offshore stall, that's TS force winds between parts of the Triangle and the coast.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I rarely if ever do this because it sounds like I'm "tooting my own horn" but I've been saying this about the expanding wind field and prolonged wind issues for days now..... but yeah we've seen this movie before, not devastating but major damage due to such a large area affected

Especially if it is farther north and west than modeled.
Which is why I'm shaking my head at folks in this area acting as if the threat is over. All it takes is a more north and west track, even just a shift, within the NHC's cone, and it's the difference between "orange" and "red"
6c3403fce99a1a04f662fa88c86630ad.jpg

I rarely if ever do this because it sounds like I'm "tooting my own horn" but I've been saying this about the expanding wind field and prolonged wind issues for days now..... but yeah we've seen this movie before, not devastating but major damage due to such a large area affected
That's a horn which deserves tooting ... great job, btw ... ;)

Do y’all think it’s going through an eye wall replacement?

Which is why I'm shaking my head at folks in this area acting as if the threat is over. All it takes is a more north and west track, even just a shift, within the NHC's cone, and it's the difference between "orange" and "red"
6c3403fce99a1a04f662fa88c86630ad.jpg

This actually shifts the high impact threat farther north.

FB_IMG_1536798972633.jpg

From what I saw, they actually shifted the high threat north for half of

This actually shifts the high impact threat farther north.

Oof, rookie mistake, I apologise. That briefing I shared from was invalid after 1700. My mind is already fried from tracking this stubborn b*"#@$...

Back