• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

I think we are losing focus of the most important thing, the rain amounts from the slow movement, will be the worst part outside the immediate coast! It doesn’t matter if it’s a Cat 1 or 5, the flooding kills more people, than winds ever do!

ICON ended up way north. Brings it onshore faster, and the sw drop takes in down near SE NC rather than into SC
icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_34.png

I think it’s regrouping a little bit! It may look bad now, but I think she can hit 140mph again overnight or some time tomorrow, we shall see! I see the 5pm updated cone, has landfall at 125mph!?

Meteorologist Ray Miller on 106.3 is saying tropical storm conditions are expected in the upstate late this weekend....bold forecast, Ray

The 18Z GFS is already onshore as of hour 42 (further NW than prior 3 GFS runs) , great news for those worrying about it staying offshore longer.

This will very likely not come back as far SW, if much SW at all, vs the prior GFS runs. And any SW drift will be over land.

Wow. I guess everybody should be prepared just in case. We may be getting back to everyone in the I-40 corridor feeling the effects.

Back