• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Anyone wanna bet me it looks like this on approach? No way.

View attachment 6278
Have you seen what kind of 'molds' this thing has been shattering? Its starting position, its possible path, ect? Hell at this point a 500mile wide storm with a square for an eye is not off the table for me. Matter of fact, it could split in two and take two different paths. I've about had enough of this one.

Maybe we should back off the weakening talk for at least 18-24 more hours. Lest we forget Hugo was a cat 2 that exploded to a Cat 4 just before landfall. Yes, I know it was a completely different environment but I'd just use caution. Hugo was 934 with 140 at landfall.
Also, Hugo was moving much faster so it had virtually no time to strengthen, but here we are. I wonder what today’s models would have been spitting out had they been around back in September of 1989..

Larry, no expert, but weaker probably would give steering currents more influence rather than the high overhead (if that makes sense) and current steering current generally look like this ...

View attachment 6279

which might implicate your location more so ...
If I’m interpreting what your saying correctly that could make it lean closer to what the Euro is saying or is that completely wrong?

Looks to me like Florence will be more in the Floyd camp than the Hugo camp. How slow it spins as it weakens will create major flooding issues, likely the worst on the banks of the Cape Fear and other major river basins. This will actually worsen even for a couple of days after Florence passes, similar to Floyd, just a little further south and into northern SC.

If I’m interpreting what your saying correctly that could make it lean closer to what the Euro is saying or is that completely wrong?
Right now I'm in PT for a torn rotator cuff and haven't studied much today; will need to look at the Euro later this evening when I can ... sorry ...

Back