• Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

I think it is safe to say that the Euro/EPS and UKMET have both done poorly with Flo due to left bias. The GFS appears to have done better overall.
I’d say the FV3 may have done the best overall and the GFS was very good in the short term. It took it a little longer to catch on to the Wilmington landfall zone but once it did it stayed consistent with the idea like the Euro and never showed this crawling down to the GA/SC line like the Euro and EPS insisted on. I’ve been very impressed with the FV3 performance at least for tropical weather.

Rain Cold

The Fixer
Staff member
I’d say the FV3 may have done the best overall and the GFS was very good in the short term. It took it a little longer to catch on to the Wilmington landfall zone but once it did it stayed consistent with the idea like the Euro and never showed this crawling down to the GA/SC line like the Euro and EPS insisted on. I’ve been very impressed with the FV3 performance at least for tropical weather.
I completely agree. I didn't buy into the hug the coast offshore all the way down to GA scenario (although I almost started to have my doubts after yesterday's 12z Euro). I thought a stall with a track along the NC/SC border would turn out to be the case. I'm going to bust a little north, probably. Anyway, the NHC did a good job.

Having to go into work at 6:00 as i work for the city of wilson just trying to get some input of how the weather conditions will be here during the hours of 6 to throughout the end of the night into the morning?