• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Hmmm..
ecmwf_florence.png

Hour 60 it looks like the Euro is just about stalled east of ILM. Now where she goes is the big question. My guess would be a push west or wsw.

How far north this gets before the west turn is going to be critical. This run appears to be north of the 00z run last night a little before the west turn, but I could be wrong?
ecmwf_florence.png

I guess the GFS led the way? Euro is stalled off eastern NC rotting away. Where the GFS has been past 36 hours.

We'll have to see what the EPS says, if it comes back north at least we'll have agreement for once lol.

Yeah EPS should be interesting. I thought the Euro might trend south since GFS, HMON and HWRF did but it looks like it was a touch weaker with the ridge allowing a little more of a north shift. It seems we have pretty good agreement on Wilmington area as the point where this stalls but still plenty of time for that to change and small changes will be difficult to forecast even 48 hours out... I don't envy the NHC because this is a tough one to forecast with the stalling.

By 96 this is drifting SW very slowly... wow. Wilmington is in a very bad spot and all the surrounding beaches as a category 3/4 storm that just slowly weakens would be a nightmare... especially the northeast side of the eye where the water will keep piling up.

Assuming this was to play out exactly as the model predicts, would this remain hurricane status while sitting stalled off of the coast? What effect does this have strength wise?

Back