• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

You think stronger 95 gets the more west Flo goes? Idk I'm curious

Everybody seems to be doing that SW/W jog... Anybody in Southern SC coastline doesn't need to get comfortable yet that it will be only a glancing blow

It seems the theme for today with the models has been moving landfall a little further south to southern NC and northern SC, and then moving WSW inland. Better for inland NC, but worse for inland SC

It seems the theme for today with the models has been moving landfall a little further south to southern NC and northern SC, and then moving WSW inland. Better for inland NC, but worse for inland SC
Which also means parts of GA could get impacted by Florence.

2 pm intermediate advisory keeps the winds at 130 mph and the pressure at 950 mb, but does say:

...FLORENCE GETTING BETTER ORGANIZED AND INCREASING IN SIZE...

Now we just wait for the Euro to see what it shows. I would expect the NHC to adjust their track later today if the Euro/EPS shows a similar track to the 00z run or shifts southwest.
I wouldn't be shocked at all if Flo ends up SC/GA coast when it's all said and done. But that's just my 2 cents

Just something to observe as the new Euro run initializes. 24 hours ago the Euro had Florence here.
ecmwf_uv850_vort_watl_2.png

Now at verification time she's a little north of that, maybe 30-50 miles north but hard to tell for sure.
ecmwf_uv850_vort_watl_1.png

Feel free to compare them here on the TT page. https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/ana...=watl&pkg=mslp_pcpn&runtime=2018051600&fh=162

By the time it gets here its pretty much spun out. Sure we would get some rain, but that's about it. Just curious why would you not share your location?
Pure speculation but I wonder how far inland this holds together if it gets stronger or goes annualar

Hmm Euro is north and east from yesterday's 12z run but it may not matter depending on how this stalls/turns.
ecmwf_z500a_watl_4.png

Here is today's run.
ecmwf_z500a_watl_3.png

Back