• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

The old GFS has been a bit off for sure with it's solutions but since landfall hasn't occurred yet we still can't say it's "wrong" yet until verification time (although it likely is). The FV3 has been remarkably consistent too since 00z Saturday with a Myrtle Beach to MHX zone as potential landfall.

Agree on FV3

GZ_D5_PN_060_0000.gif

For landfall EC has been consistent but inland it has been jumping north and south wildly. Just look at 12z Sun for the most recent 2 runs. Jackson KY vs Florence SC. I have kids in eastern VA and would love for this to get dialed in a little better so I know where to send them.

FV3 looks a little better for the Triangle. I have family in the area and they are all worried. Not out of the woods by any means, but its looking like it might be possible the worst could go south of them.

It will be interesting to see how much further south this can get into SC. For the triangle, another small shift south on the FV3 would do wonders with flooding, more of windy/nuisance event. Would be bad for FAY and the Sandhills though.

Though a south shift on the UK would put the triangle in the crosshairs, yet still bad with the 12z run.
ukmet_florence.png UKrain.png

Back