• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

From the NHC's 5pm discussion on Florence, they already noted 95L's potential influence on the strength of the ridge steering florence.

View attachment 6166
Whats interesting...and many have said this, including you...that the EPS was firing waning shots with even some tracks into GA....I discounted them, at the time, but maybe not anymore?

The UK met looks like a pretty good compromise between the Euro and GFS with more weight going towards the Euro.

Edit: I think we will see the official track ease back to where it was 24 hours ago, but with it stalling closer to the coast instead of further inland.

I hope our SC friends have been preparing as well .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think they are going to play a lot of catching up today! SC residents, that is! All we heard about yesterday was the N shift, outerbanks scrapers and such! Shocking changes overnight! The governor is SC, is looking genius right now! I thought the Evacs and school closings for today, were a little overkill!! Not now!!

So the Euro went to Myrtle Beach and the NHC track still has Morehead City. Big difference. The models today are going to be critical. But it looks like Flo is coming in later again according to the NHC track. Starting to wonder if it will ever get here. But I guess it is good in giving more time to figure out exactly where she is going.

sweet jeebus 922

nam3km_ir_us_60.png

nam3km_mslp_wind_us_60.png

The euro and fv3 are in lock step. I think it’s time for an early retirement for the gfs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the Euro went to Myrtle Beach and the NHC track still has Morehead City. Big difference. The models today are going to be critical. But it looks like Flo is coming in later again according to the NHC track. Starting to wonder if it will ever get here. But I guess it is good in giving more time to figure out exactly where she is going.
The ukmet and Euro were actually very similar with their tracks with the difference being how far north/inland she got before the crawl westward. Florence going to be moving at a pretty good clip and if the ridge builds in just a tad slower then the NHC track is spot on and more inland NC issues, if it builds in a little quicker then SC coast definitely in play..... I do not envy the NHC at all

So, the Euro has been saying NC forever, while the others were a little further north into NC, and then all of a sudden the Euro shifts south to Myrtle Beach. Madness.

Back