• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

0z EPS, note more members into SC vs NC this run. The idea touted yesterday that the ECMWF was overamping the ridge is becoming hogwash esp with 95L developing in the Gulf of Mexico and strengthening the flank of the high over the SE US thru -PV deposition.

View attachment 6162
Looks as if they turn west after landfall

0z EPS, note more members into SC vs NC this run. The idea touted yesterday that the ECMWF was overamping the ridge is becoming hogwash esp with 95L developing in the Gulf of Mexico and strengthening the flank of the high over the SE US thru -PV deposition.

View attachment 6162
So is it possible the heavy rain amount shown in North Carolina could shift South Eric and affect us here in SC

wow that's pretty telling and makes it more legit that it has support

SC definitely isn't out of this one yet

View attachment 6162

I have never felt the models have had a good handle on just how strong the ridge may be. The euro the past two nights continues to be worrisome for SC. Still a lot of possibilities out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never felt the models have had a good handle on just how strong the ridge may be. The euro the past two nights continues to be worrisome for SC. Still a lot of possibilities out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't envy the NHC on this one... watches have to go up today... a turn 50 miles earlier could make a hundreds of miles difference

I don't envy the NHC on this one... watches have to go up today... a turn 50 miles earlier could make a hundreds of miles difference
Yeah, and especially when Flo is growing in size

1d5d93a9cb579945cb31fb2d2f338a0e126f02657c52e8523bd9e50c5026c720.png
You can see the left bend after landfall

Invest 95L definitely seems to be a culprit in the evolution of this SE US ridge west and north of Florence around day 3, notice even w/ a weaker Atlantic ridge, the flank of the high over the SE US intensified (likely due to excess outflow from this invest (which might become Joyce), hence the turn west into SC.

ecmwf_z500aNorm_us_fh72_trend.gif

Back