• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Just pulled myself from Braves baseball on the West Coast (#ChopOn, y'all) to look at the board and the models.

Any westward bias at this point changes the game inland. A landfall at Myrtle vs. north of Wilmington has long-term impacts well away from the coast.

Wish this would turn out to sea, but not seeing that as an option at this point. Everybody be safe!

--30--

Saw this on the other board. Last 3 runs of the GFS. Bless its heart it’s really trying. It’s not its fault it isn’t coupled with the oceanB3C2EB13-65F5-4E85-A43E-2A5F76A398BF.gif

still don't trust the gfs.. those 'historic' low pressures are major outliers. Gfs against NHC and all other models, I'll take NHC. Although a lot of people will owe some big league apologies to the american model if that looping action becomes reality.

GFS, you're drunk - go home.
gfs_mslp_wind_seus_fh66-180.gif

Wow, she is yanking west. You still need to be thinking a South Carolina or Georgia landfall is possible. EURO ensembles will just not let go of this idea, and I certainly see how it is possible if this storm continues to move faster, westward, and at a lower latitude like it is doing now.

Back