• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

rain gauge at the fire station not far from our house read 7.02" for the weekend. There was a lot of variance within Mecklenburg county, like the airport coming in under 5", but put towards Matthews and Mint Hill to the East/Southeast were in double digits.

At least the tornado warnings are over with this morning.

And now it's pouring down rain here after the sun came out after it poured down rain the first time.
I could see the towering cumulonimbus clouds off to my northeast. You could tell someone was getting a nice storm.

I swear what the Euro wants to do (and the GFS to a degree) with a piece of florence's remaining energy is crazy... at least if there was anything it would be weak, just hope it in no way brings any additional rainfall to the EC
ecmwf_mslpaNorm_atl_6.png

Sadly the death toll is up to 32 from Florence. and as feared the Cape Fear is setting new records for all time highs at many gauges. Heres a bfore and after pic I saw.This river flooding is going to be historic as many of us guessed it would be. Florence will be one of the top 10 costliest Hurricane disasters in our countrys history.

I know it's almost near impossible for something like that to happen, but Florence has already defied odds so far... can't count that out completely

The Slow Motion disaster continues as Wilmington is still cut off. Gauges being broke from river flooding all over SE NC. Pretty safe bet this one is gonna go down as the costliest disaster in NC history. Everyone within in 1 mile of Cape Fear river on eitheir side has been ordered to evacuate.. i40 and I 95 still closed.

Back