• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Delta

I do see recon showing a little more Northerly component (to the WNW movement) *shorter term movement* Biggest thing is can this avoid a landfall over the Yucatan.
I agree it does show a Northerly component. Levi also mentioned if Delta doesn't entwine with Gamma due to Gamma sw movement than expect a east trend in the future.

RI continues

SUMMARY OF 200 PM EDT...1800 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...18.5N 83.5W
ABOUT 260 MI...420 KM ESE OF COZUMEL MEXICO
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...140 MPH...220 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...WNW OR 300 DEGREES AT 16 MPH...26 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...956 MB...28.23 INCHES

RI continues

SUMMARY OF 200 PM EDT...1800 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...18.5N 83.5W
ABOUT 260 MI...420 KM ESE OF COZUMEL MEXICO
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...140 MPH...220 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...WNW OR 300 DEGREES AT 16 MPH...26 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...956 MB...28.23 INCHES
Can we just take a second and gawk at the 100 mph gain this thing has made in 30 hours?

CAT 4 approaching CAT 5 and we still don’t have a cleared out eye? Hmmmm I haven’t seen a storm with no cleared out eye that is this strong .. very interesting .. would assume she has to pop one out here soon we can’t go CAT 5 with NO clear eye right?

CAT 4 approaching CAT 5 and we still don’t have a cleared out eye? Hmmmm I haven’t seen a storm with no cleared out eye that is this strong .. very interesting .. would assume she has to pop one out here soon we can’t go CAT 5 with NO clear eye right?
Has to do with the RI and size of the eye. It's visible on IR to some degree but because it was a TS around 24 hours ago and its eye is now only 4 miles wide, it's hard to clear with the pressure it has is my guess.

Wow the most recent images on IR show a recent almost instantaneous blow up of thunderstorms around what appears to be that extremely tiny eye ... truly something I have not seen in my short years of tracking hurricanes ... just insane stuff

Attachments

• 6077D411-25CF-45F5-AA80-1A870DC7CA93.jpeg
    6077D411-25CF-45F5-AA80-1A870DC7CA93.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
Back