• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Late July 2021 Significant Heat Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I'm trying to say is people are pointing to their yard and saying it's only 2 hot days but as you go further south there's more duration. It's not a record breaker or anything that far out of the ordinary but given the lack of overall heat this year why not. I bet @deltadog03 thinks this sucks
I get your point but the original post seems to indicate the thread was started based on the possibility of Atlanta hitting 100, big freaking whoop (not directed at you).

All I'm trying to say is people are pointing to their yard and saying it's only 2 hot days but as you go further south there's more duration. It's not a record breaker or anything that far out of the ordinary but given the lack of overall heat this year why not. I bet @deltadog03 thinks this sucks
Yes but it’s still not thread worthy even for those further south . That point still stands , Augusta July average high is over 94 degrees these days ! That’s close enough to upper 90s that if you fart on the sensor it will jolt up to them. It’s hot certainly and hotter in other places but not thread worthy or significant . Maybe significant is slightly subjective

I think this heat wave is equivalent to temps in the upper single digits IMO.
Dude, upper 90's or even 100 in the deep south in late July is nowhere near the equivalent of single digit winter lows around here and if I have to explain that to you then I'm done.

Temps right now are several degrees ahead of yesterday.

FWD's call to lower highs into the mid/upper 90s due to convective debris (which has mostly thinned out) might not age well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back