• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry King Kong Winter Storm Potential Feb 13th-16th

Im very interested to see how much moisture is left on the NW side after the SLP tracts across SE AL....this will be the biggest time for concern, as the SLP will be well formed and really pulling the cold air in from the NW. It may be a case, as we have seen in the past, where NE AL had some left over moisture to work with. My interest has peeked some for areas outside of the current watch/warning/advisory areas.

I was concerned about this yesterday.

Teeny tiny little flakes in Woodstock, temp has been falling all morning. Currently 24. Pretty interesting how the cold inched a little further east than originally thought, hrrr picked up on this pretty well yesterday.

Is this being caused by an actual disturbance hanging out on the backside or is this just the arctic air mass wringing out the rag so to speak? I can't see any features on current products for these low-topped snow bands back over central AL. Trying to figure out if I should get excited over here later on or be thankful for the super light coating I've already got.

13.8 degrees with a dusting. Winning !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Niece call me this morning and said the snow is really coming down here. She don't really care for winter weather but I immediately thought of you...lol. She lives in Birmingham also.

Back