• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry King Kong Winter Storm Potential Feb 13th-16th

00z HRRR
d1d35e3448962983d857325c9c86f992.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another west shift. That east trend yesterday suckered me in, I should have known better. I'm Charlie Brown trusting Lucy with the ball again.

Is that a slight east movement ?

It’s a little NW of 18z . It all depends on the freezing line . The hrrr wraps it almost underneath Jefferson then pops it back west .

We’ve all been through many systems like this . I’ve seen them bust towards the cold side bust most of the time the verify warm

DFW is actually really lucking out with this event in a way.

When you have this type of snow, it takes *A TON* of accumulation to really shut things down. With there only be 3-6", the roads aren't the worst to drive on. Plus, we aren't going to get the ice that areas down state are under their snow. Not to mention, it's the holiday as well.

There aren't a whole lot of accidents and traffic problems, surprisingly.

DFW is actually really lucking out with this event in a way.

When you have this type of snow, it takes *A TON* of accumulation to really shut things down. With there only be 3-6", the roads aren't the worst to drive on. Plus, we aren't going to get the ice that areas down state are under their snow. Not to mention, it's the holiday as well.

There aren't a whole lot of accidents and traffic problems, surprisingly.

Now Wednesday's event is going to be the one to watch.

1. Looking at a heavy/wet snow, or even significant ice.

2. Traffic should be back to normal.

3. It will be snow/ice on top of snow.

You said 95% of Al. would not get this storm.
Move if need be mods... Lesson to be learned here. Read, don’t react, don’t send an email that you’re not wanting to send. You had the wrong person bro and it could’ve gotten you fired from a job. Anyways I wish you the best, and just some friendly advice.

Wow, latest 00z HRRR has around 1" QPF here in NW AL of freezing rain, that would be approaching a level close to December 1998 which is one of my most memorable storms where we got 0.50 to 0.75" of ice accretion and power was out for more than a day. I remember stepping outside and every few minutes I would hear a crash from trees falling and branches breaking off. Currently heavy rain showers mixed with sleet and 27F.

Last edited:
Now Wednesday's event is going to be the one to watch.

1. Looking at a heavy/wet snow, or even significant ice.

2. Traffic should be back to normal.

3. It will be snow/ice on top of snow.

18Z Euro has 5-6" for Wed at DFW as it has almost all snow! But it is very close to other forms for a portion of it. OTOH, the GFS has mainly sleet. Thus will interesting to follow, as sleet would be more hazardous. What a mess for DFW and vicinity this entire week! It is almost surreal.

HRRR is WARM for the metro during precip. We are asking for a major bust on the temps to have anything worth a crap

Black ice is a ? though

Can’t wait to see some frozen rain puddles. ?‍♂️

View attachment 75048
Just don't see how the warm noise is going to affects us up in North Alabama. Have a straight North/NorthWest funneling cold in. We shall see through. Models has been a bust 3-4 days straight being too warm. Going to be a close call..

Just don't see how the warm noise is going to affects us up in North Alabama. Have a straight North/NorthWest funneling cold in. We shall see through. Models has been a bust 3-4 days straight being too warm. Going to be a close call..

WAA wins out most of time . Will be interesting to see how it plays out up there

I feel like we should just use a magic 8 ball when it comes to snow forecasting in alabama ?.

Back