• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Karen

12Z Euro: At 168, she's 400 miles east of the 0Z 180 but moving steadily westward although much weaker. Will she still come all the way back on this run? She may because the ridge is getting reinforced. But even if she does, the good news is that she's way weaker.

she

So, the 12Z GEFS members, which are all very weak, are not predominantly west as I had thought but rather a mix. Interesting trends here at 12Z though not really surprising.

Meanwhile, the 12Z Euro did come back to the FL Straits/SE Gulf but luckily she's just a wave now at 216.

Edit: 12Z Euro 228-40 turns the wave NW into the E GOM. Fortunately just a wave on this run. Now time for the EPS.

Last edited:
Not surprisingly, it isn't as active as the 0Z's ~25% CONUS hitting members but I wouldn't call it quiet by any means. Maybe still 15% hitting on 12Z EPS with hits skewed later than the 0Z with some of these later ones recurving over FL back into the Atlantic or SE US, the climo path for early Oct.

Last edited:
He stated a 100 million times he can’t do so and that all caps is locked at his job (911 emergency call center ^)

Well now I know that since I’ve never seen that comment before. I’m thinking 100 million times is a gross exaggeration.

The environment north or Porto Rico is more favorable for development. If it survives it could blow up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to track the vorticity through the maze that is the 18z gfs run it looks like it has what identity there would be of Karen moving onshore near the SC/Ga border at 234

I lied there is the slightest hint at the surface to the SW of that moving up the east coast of Florida at this point
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Gonna need to see if Karen can maintain any kind of circulation at all as it gets into more favorable conditions and about the interaction with Jerry. It'll be interesting to see what happens in a few days at least...

Back