• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Bugs

Those nasty storms actually broke up before they got to me. It was very windy and ominous outside though and I did see lightning flash. Now I'm likely getting rain.
Same here! I could hear the booming to the west and north, but when I got my radio warning and looked at the radar, I could tell it would break apart on the southern end. It looked nasty out, but just some quick rain to add to the totals. I walked after it since it was nice and cool, and there is still nothing but confused male mozzies bumping into things, and looking for the females :) And I think April got the mosquitoe babes, in my neck of the woods. The tigers especially. Haven't seen any of those. A summer without tigers would be amazing.

Are you sure it wasn't the 11 on the thermometer back in January? With the Zika fear, the government may have messed with their genetics, too. My house was swarmed with mosquitoes earlier in the spring but they were not interested in feeding. Males only?

They don't breed in flowing water, either, so maybe the rain keeps the water moving too much?
I think it was the cool April that got them. I think the early end to winter, woke them up, but the cool nights kept them from mating, and add in a month long mini drought at the end of winter, so they moved up in the ground, but left their fur coats in storage. Big mistake. The tiger females started getting all worked up because it was April, but got killed by the cold air before they could lay any eggs. Thus no Asian Tigers, which is wonderful. Just some scattered, confused males from the bigger species.

Nice hail indicator showing up in Shaw MS

5f25b7c82e321f938806201c51b70aeb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I don't know about everyone else but I'm looking forward to the drier air moving in next week !
Agreed and we in the Carolinas and ga will miss out of the developing central us heat ridge. Friday through Sunday could get toasty but that gets erased early next week

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Up to 8.8 now since mid May, after yesterday afternoon's clear sky rain. You know it's humid when rain falls from a sunny sky, lol. But I'll take it, I'm going for the no 90's record, for my yard anyway :) If I can just get the rains to keep up thru June, I'm in like Flynn!

Another rainless day here! That’s like 6-7 in a row ! About to tack on 10 more. June will be below normal rainfall in my area. Atleast temps will be not too horribly high!

Here comes another series of westerly wind bursts in the East-Central Pacific as the MJO rolls into the Pacific and Western Hemisphere which will likely be followed by more warming of the equatorial SSTs near and west of South America. While we've seen the usual intraseasonal hiccup or two, the low frequency ocean-atmosphere forcing is slowly evolving towards an El Nino.
uwnd850.cfs.eqtr.png
u.anom.30.5S-5N.gif

ya'll like wet, humid Junes? Well, guess what, you're getting one.. extreme heat in the SW US and Tejas...
gfs_apcpn_us_51.png

Another spectacular day! Never got out of the 70s...made it to 79 so far...been lots of clouds today which has helped keep it a bit cooler than forecast obviously. Talk about bliss!! About to go out and do some much needed yard work! Enjoy everyone!

That line of thunderstorms the other day put on a real show for me. I was working under the edge of the pole barn, taking a motor off a riding mower, when the tree tops started shredding and thrashing. Then the rain was coming sideways and it was getting good, being I was right out in it, but protected from the rain, if not the mist. So I sat and watched. And as I was taking it all in, a mile wide lightening bolt struck down across the street, and immediately the mother of all booms went off. My ears were ringing, and I'm betting I levitated. It was only afterwards I got to thinking it might not have been so smart to sit there with my hands buried in the innards of a hunk of metal standing on end, sticking up 5 feet, lol. Man, I love a good storm like that, as long as I'm not getting wet. Got another 6 tenths, so I'm up to 9.4 since the 15th, and apparently all that rain spells cool, because the last two days have been amazing for June. That has got to be the best start to summer I can remember.

That line of thunderstorms the other day put on a real show for me. I was working under the edge of the pole barn, taking a motor off a riding mower, when the tree tops started shredding and thrashing. Then the rain was coming sideways and it was getting good, being I was right out in it, but protected from the rain, if not the mist. So I sat and watched. And as I was taking it all in, a mile wide lightening bolt struck down across the street, and immediately the mother of all booms went off. My ears were ringing, and I'm betting I levitated. It was only afterwards I got to thinking it might not have been so smart to sit there with my hands buried in the innards of a hunk of metal standing on end, sticking up 5 feet, lol. Man, I love a good storm like that, as long as I'm not getting wet. Got another 6 tenths, so I'm up to 9.4 since the 15th, and apparently all that rain spells cool, because the last two days have been amazing for June. That has got to be the best start to summer I can remember.
Love your writing and glad you survived..

Two of many things to avoid a Darwin Award, don't stand on the top of a step ladder trying to trim trees (oopsie, I didn't do that did I), and don't hold or be around metal objects outside in a Thunderstorm, lol...

Back