• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Fry 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can say the same for here, but I keep getting side swiped and missing the heavy rain. I've never had so many rain occurances for just over 3" for the month. The surface gets damp, but the ground is hard.

But 3” MTD is near normal and you don’t have to worry about runoff away from your lawn. With lighter amounts, it just about all successfully infiltrates the ground. The opposite would be, say, one 3” downpour in, say, one hour. A large percentage of that would not get absorbed by your lawn and instead would just runoff. For a real life example, Elsa provided me something close to 3” in one hour. This lead to lots of street flooding and puddling. I’m sure my lawn lost a decent portion of that to runoff into the street.

Hottest GFS run of the year, basically brings all that heat out west east starting around day 6 due to the NWly/Wly flow..... View attachment 86820View attachment 86821View attachment 86822View attachment 86823
All we can do is hope and pray this continues to stay in the long range … luckily even now when it’s usually biased warm a few degrees it’s only showing upper 90s to some low 100s around … but regardless that plus combo of humidity … I better get a full bowl of popcorn

Might as well
Had to know it would nose in at some point even if just for 3-7 days. Thankfully other than that ugly 0z gfs not much support for extreme heat 100+ but that euro run would easily support multiple days either side of 95. With the NW flow we will be subjected to debris clouds, old mcs complexes/ofbs, and convective chances that might help keep highs slightly down.

Flood watches for Upstate????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back